Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Smiley Morning Changes Its Tune!

I have a dear friend I have never met. Why, do you ask, is he a dear friend? Because he is full of the humility and grace of Christ, in passionate pursuit of him by attempting to integrate Christ's Word into his personal life.
Lately I have been convicted, especially from reading this young man's blog and another Jewish young woman's blog, to begin my own journey in speaking about the things that Christ has brought me. I intend on being regular with my commitment to this by using Smiley Morning to share (perhaps every Sunday) the things I have learned from Scripture. My goal in this is not to encourage comment participation, excessive blog response or attention, or even my own peace of mind, but to grow consistently in Scripture. Although Scripture memorization is important to me, I have found that reflecting (teaching) on Scripture, and writing it down over and over again has been most helpful and productive to me in the long run for my knowledge of Scripture. I wish to do this on Smiley Morning: reflecting on a particular Scripture that stuck with me, either due to its relevance in my life or what it could mean.
I am a busy college student consumed with academics, so as the spring semester starts in January I desire to have more dedication to this blog in order to grow in the Lord and his mighty words. I will attempt not to neglect my weekly duty on this blog unless a weekend getaway calls me elsewhere, or severe circumstances permit me otherwise. If I can submit my mind to the useless mental propensities of Facebook, why can't I do the same with a more edifying purpose as an end result?
I look forward to beginning this journey. My first installment should be this weekend. Until then, I will depart!

No comments:

Post a Comment